Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Monday and Tuesday in Washington













Dinner with the relatives at Marge and Gerry's
















The Burroughs


















































Grove of the Patriarchs





























My dad and his siblings. Hiking in to spread granny's ashes.





























My favorite Kaiya quote from the trip (even though I wasn't there) Kenny and Cheata are hiking back down from the burroughs hike and they see a Marmot on the trail, Kaiya from her Dad's shoulders says "look Daddy, a baby monkey!". That and the "hopsquatch" (aka sasquatch). Good times. The burroughs hike was a tough one for Kenny and Cheata with both kids, we tried to help them out but once we got to the snow field they turned back. The pictures don't do the snow field justice. If I had the guts, I would've taken a picture down as I crossed the snowfield but I was too busy holding on to the freezing snow with my bare hands and trying not to die. After Kenny and Cheata decided to turn back, Kaiya was not happy. She wanted to "have an adventure".

No comments:

Post a Comment